Air Lift 3H Kit: 2002-2006 Mini Cooper
(Click to Pre-Qualify)
People say “good things come in small packages.” So something with a namesake like “Mini” must be completely outstanding right?! Since the re-launch in 2001, the Mini has stole the hearts of everyone from commuters to customizers. With an ever growing list of aftermarket parts available, the Mini has become a big deal from the show field to the racetrack!
One of the best things about the Mini is the go-cart like driving experience and the big grins it provides. Although looking at the ground clearance, you would think the Mini is geared toward off-roading rather than carving corners! When we set out to build an air suspension, our engineers knew the suspension not only had to give the car a more desirable ride height, but had to preform as well. Don’t worry, they nailed it.
Starting with the front suspension, we replaced the front struts with our own threaded body, monotube, 30-way adjustable struts, which are topped off with a smooth-riding, double-bellows air springs. No need to purchase a set of camber plates to help with handling duties; we include a killer set of T-6061 red anodized plates coupled with high-quality spherical bearings for precise steering and quick reflexes. This hardware all adds up to an astounding 4.8″ drop from factory ride height.
In the rear, we utilize a progressive-rate, sleeve-style air spring mounted to a monotube, 30-way damping adjustable shock to match the front. Also, just like the front, we use T-6061 aluminum upper mounts with spherical bearings. When it is all said and done, you end up with a 5.1″ drop from that original off road altitude.
It’s not all about fancy parts and a show-stopping stance though. This suspension was designed on the race track placing emphasis on handling performance served up with a side of ride quality. Not only will the air springs give you a smooth, progressive spring rate under hard driving, but the 30 levels of damping adjustment really allow you to fine-tune the ride, as well as give you the handling you are looking for. Go from a smooth, comfortable ride to race-car-stiff handling with the twist of a knob. What does this mean, exactly? It means you can have a comfortable drive to the track, change a couple of settings, and carve corners with the best of them. It also means that steep driveways and speed bumps will no longer make you cringe. With the push of a button, you can raise the car to factory height and clear pretty much any obstacle that comes along.
Detailed instructions will help you get your Mini slammed within a few short hours. If you have the ability to wire a stereo or swap out suspension parts, you should have no problem installing this air suspension. If you do run into a snag with installation, the Air Lift Performance tech support team is top-notch and can walk you through any questions you may have.
In order to bring to market the most durable air suspension possible, Air Lift Performance tortured the components of this kit to 1 million cycles (equivalent to approximately 100,000 miles) on our hydraulic test rig at temperatures from -30 deg F to 150 deg F. Couple this test lab work with thousands of miles of on-road testing—not to mention the one-year manufacturer’s warranty—and this is a kit you can count on to handle whatever the road throws down!
Isn’t it time you had the option of getting a killer lowered look without giving up ride quality and having to worry about scraping your ride? Ditch the springs and get to an entirely new level of low.
- 2002-2006 Mini Cooper (All Engines)
- 2002-2006 Mini Cooper S
- 2005-2008 Mini Cooper Cabrio
- 2005-2008 Mini Cooper S Cabrio
- Modifications Req. Front: NONE
- Modifications Req. Rear: NONE
- Free mobile app for iOS and Android
- Simple system and firmware updates via mobile app
- Colored LED display on digital 3P/3H controller
- (5) custom user-defined pressure based presets
- Manual mode to individually control each corner
- Easy to navigate and understand user interface
- Horizontal or vertical keypad options
- Fully integrated ECU and manifold
- Built-in Bluetooth module
- Rise on Start functionality
- Show Mode
- Easy install
- Height sensing technology allows for automated leveling
- Anti-Cross Loading + Axle Equalization
- Achieve the correct height without radical differences in pressure
Base 3H Management Includes:
- 3H/3P digital controller
- Integrated ECU + manifold
- Advanced electrical wiring harness
- 4 height sensors with wiring and mounting hardware
- 60 ft. of 1/4″ or 3/8" air line
- Auto-draining inline water filter
- All wiring, fuses, hardware, etc. required for installation