Air Lift 3S Kit: 2004-2011 BMW 1-Series 5 Door Hatchback (E87)
(Click to Pre-Qualify)
When you purchase a BMW, there are a few things you expect. From the infamous kidney grill to the refined interior–as well as the outstanding detail to luxury and performance–this German automaker has striven to give you the ultimate automotive experience. While we do agree that BMW builds amazing cars, we do have one question: why, oh why, is there so much wheel gap?!
Air Lift Performance set out to conquer the wheel gap problem on the BMW E90 chassis. Of course, there are many different ways to lower your E90, but what the ALP engineers have put together is the best no-compromise suspension on the market. Gone are the days of a harsh ride, and scraping your car everywhere you go, just to get the low look you are after. Now, you can just push a button to raise and lower the car on demand. With a simple twist of the damping knob you can go from a soft luxurious ride to a stiff race car feel, allowing you to get the most of out your suspension.
To reduce the front wheel gap by 4.84”, we choose a smooth-riding, adjustable, double-bellow air spring mounted to a monotube threaded body strut. Not only can you adjust the height of the vehicle with the strut, but you also have 30 different levels of damping adjustment to really tune your ride quality and performance–depending on if you are on the road or headed to the track.
For the rear, we took a different approach than most air suspension companies. We engineered a complete control arm (along with toe links) to not only give you maximum drop and a lower PSI when you are at ride height, but also to help you keep the tires planted when a little more spirited driving is in order. Sounds fancy, but what exactly does that mean? It means you can run less air pressure in the bag to achieve your desired ride height, which equates to a much better ride quality and handling performance.
We have replaced the OEM coil spring with one of our double-bellow air springs, and added a monotube, 30-level-adjustable, threaded body shock to handle the damping duties. Total overall drop is 5.8″ from stock, giving you the drop that is sure to get you noticed on the street as well as the show field. All this is to ensure you have the best overall driving experience from your Bimmer.
So you may be thinking, that this is all well and good for the show crowd, but what if you want to push your BMW to its handling limits? Will air really provide the corner-carving ability you crave? The answer is a simple YES. We have spent countless hours on the track to give you a suspension that can handle any road course or curvy road you may encounter. You can expect quicker steering response and excellent roll control, thanks to our progressive rate air springs and monotube 30-way dampers. Best of all, our suspension components are compatible with other chassis upgrades to allow you to put together the ultimate corner-carving monster.
We offer detailed installation instructions to help you to have your E90 slammed within a few short hours. If you have the ability to wire a stereo and swap out suspension parts, then you should have no problem installing this air suspension system. If you do run into a snag, the Air Lift Performance tech support team is top-notch, and can walk you through any questions you may have.
In order to bring to market the most durable air suspension possible, Air Lift Performance tortured the components of this kit to 1 million cycles (equal to approximately 100,000 miles) on their hydraulic test rig at temperatures from -30 deg F to 150 deg F. Couple this test lab work with thousands of miles of on-road testing and the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty, and this is a kit you can count on to handle whatever the road throws down!
Isn’t it time you had the option of getting a killer lowered look without giving up ride quality and having to worry about scraping your ride? Ditch the springs and get to an entire new level of low.
BMW 1-series (except 1M)
- 2007-2011 E81 2 door hatchback
- 2007-2013 E82 coupe
- 2004-2011 E87 5 door hatchback
- 2007-2014 E88 convertible
- Modifications Req. Front: NONE
- Modifications Req. Rear: NONE
- Free Mobile App
- Fully Integrated Manifold
- Built-in Bluetooth
- 3 Custom Presets
- 1/8" NPT Gauge Connection Ports
- Easy to Install
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
In-Depth Functions & Features
- 3 Configurable Time-Based Presets via 3S App (Used to inflate/deflate bags with a double tap)
- Allows for aftermarket pressure sensors in rear of manifold (Five 1/8" NPT ports for FL, FR, RL, RR, tank) (e.g. analog or digital gauges)
- Compatible with aftermarket switchbox (Requires switchbox harness version)
- Compatible with 4 corner FSBB air suspension controllers (12V activation with standard 8 trigger wires: FL Inflate, FL Deflate, FR Inflate, FR Deflate, RL Inflate, RL Deflate, RR Inflate, RR Deflate)
- Free iOS and Android 3S Control App for all versions
- Manually and individually inflate or deflate 4 air bags (No PSI pressure sensors or automated PSI presets)
- Same manifold dimensions as 3P/3H
- Upgradeable to 3H System (Requires 3H sensors and wiring)
- Wake-On Bluetooth Function (Allows operation of system with ignition off. User can the wake system with mobile phone from outside of vehicle with a 1 minute inactivity power down feature)
- Mobile App (iOS or Android)
- Switch Box Compatible (e.g. AVS)
- ALPV2 Controller for 3S
- ALP3 Controller
- Power kit, relay and pressure switch is required but not included. Air Lift Performance will be developing a power kit with relay and pressure for the 3S for DIY-installers. A professional and experienced installer will be able to source the power kit, relay and pressure upon installation.
What is Included
- 3S Manifold
- Wiring Harness
- iOS and Android 3S Mobile App
- AutoPilot V2 or 3P/3H Controller (If selected)
- Installation Instructions
|Manifold PTC Sizes:||1/4" NPT and 3/8" NPT|
|Max Operating Pressure:||200 PSI|