Air Lift 3S Kit: 2008-2014 Subaru Impreza / WRX (GR)
(Click to Pre-Qualify)
If you are reading this, you’re probably a fan of all-wheel-drive and high performance. Considering the reputation and heritage that accompany years of experience with the World Rally Championship, Subaru owners expect their cars to perform well on any surface, in any weather. This is a serious, high-performance machine that requires the best in suspension to keep it glued to terra firma.
Yes, there are plenty of choices out there for Subarus…but the problem is, you’ve seen all these other incredible cars—all slammed to the ground—and you are secretly longing for that look on your Subi. Plenty of people out there think it’s wrong to bag a Subaru because they think it will somehow degrade the sports-sedan-handling, or make it ride like a marshmallow. Maybe you are concerned by this prospect yourself, but still, that low-stance look has you daydreaming.
Well, believe it or not, you really can have the best of both worlds! Air Lift Performance has created the perfect suspension kit to tear up a racetrack, shred some back country roads, or stop people dead in their tracks at a show. As the leader in aftermarket, high-performance air suspension, we know what it takes to perfectly balance ride, handling, and stunning good looks. The members of the engineering team involved in kit design and development have over 35 years of road racing experience as drivers, engineers, and crew members. Performance is not only in our name—it’s in our blood.
So what does it take to have such a versatile suspension? It all starts with a strong foundation—in this case, that foundation is the struts. Air Lift uses 30-way adjustable, monotube struts—with a serious range of damping adjustment—that have been specially tuned to match the air springs. Monotube construction is the preferred choice, both in racing and for us, for its sensitivity to small inputs and its great ability to shed heat when pushed to the limit. The 30 clicks of adjustment aren’t just for fun, but serve to allow you, the user, to dial in your preferred handling, feel, or desired ride quality. The range goes from super-stiff to really soft, adjusting rebound and compression simultaneously. The struts weigh considerably less than the coil spring parts you remove, reducing unsprung weight—a benefit to both ride and handling.
Another notable feature is the presence of adjustable camber plates on the front struts. This means you can make easy, precise adjustments to camber angle, making quick work of alignments for road or track. These plates are packed with high-quality, Japanese-manufactured pillow block bearings for long life and low noise. The rear shock assemblies also use pillow block upper bearings for the best in precision control of the suspension. These features are part of providing a total performance package for the customer that cannot be beat.
What really sets these struts apart from the coil crowd is the addition of our adjustable, progressive-rate air springs. These high-rate springs create a stable platform for aggressive track driving, while providing a level of comfort not typically found with lowered suspensions. By using this progressive nature of air springs and maximizing available suspension travel, we are able to ride low without the punishing ride. Since they allow ride height to be adjusted with the push of a button, no longer do you have to suffer through the curses of static suspension lowness! Avoid scraping against speed bumps and steeply angled drives. Raise up your Imreza as high as the original stock height to ride off-road without damaging the underbody…and think how easy it will be to load it on the trailer.
Having good components in a kit is important, but it’s just as critical to make sure they work together effectively to produce the desired result. Extensive testing at various race tracks has proven to be important in creating the proper handling balance. Hours of running hard at triple-digit speeds in a 550hp beast certainly illustrates the toughness and durability of the parts!
That’s not all. Before a kit makes it to the track, the components are torture-tested on our hydraulic test rig for over one million cycles, simulating a real-world 100,000 miles. As an ISO-9000-certified company, Air Lift is committed to quality disciplines and continuous improvement in all areas.
Worried about installation? Every kit comes with a detailed instruction manual to guide you through all the steps. If you can install suspension or wire a stereo, then you have the skills necessary to complete installation on your own. If you have questions or problems, our industry-leading customer service department will take good care of you.
The time has come. Stop making excuses. Haven’t you waited long enough to have it all?
- 2008-2014 Subaru Impreza (all), WRX (all)
- Modifications Req. Front: NONE
- Modifications Req. Rear: NONE
- Free Mobile App
- Fully Integrated Manifold
- Built-in Bluetooth
- 3 Custom Presets
- 1/8" NPT Gauge Connection Ports
- Easy to Install
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
In-Depth Functions & Features
- 3 Configurable Time-Based Presets via 3S App (Used to inflate/deflate bags with a double tap)
- Allows for aftermarket pressure sensors in rear of manifold (Five 1/8" NPT ports for FL, FR, RL, RR, tank) (e.g. analog or digital gauges)
- Compatible with aftermarket switchbox (Requires switchbox harness version)
- Compatible with 4 corner FSBB air suspension controllers (12V activation with standard 8 trigger wires: FL Inflate, FL Deflate, FR Inflate, FR Deflate, RL Inflate, RL Deflate, RR Inflate, RR Deflate)
- Free iOS and Android 3S Control App for all versions
- Manually and individually inflate or deflate 4 air bags (No PSI pressure sensors or automated PSI presets)
- Same manifold dimensions as 3P/3H
- Upgradeable to 3H System (Requires 3H sensors and wiring)
- Wake-On Bluetooth Function (Allows operation of system with ignition off. User can the wake system with mobile phone from outside of vehicle with a 1 minute inactivity power down feature)
- Mobile App (iOS or Android)
- Switch Box Compatible (e.g. AVS)
- ALPV2 Controller for 3S
- ALP3 Controller
- Power kit, relay and pressure switch is required but not included. Air Lift Performance will be developing a power kit with relay and pressure for the 3S for DIY-installers. A professional and experienced installer will be able to source the power kit, relay and pressure upon installation.
What is Included
- 3S Manifold
- Wiring Harness
- iOS and Android 3S Mobile App
- AutoPilot V2 or 3P/3H Controller (If selected)
- Installation Instructions
|Manifold PTC Sizes:||1/4" NPT and 3/8" NPT|
|Max Operating Pressure:||200 PSI|