AMS Red Alpha Heat Exchanger - Infiniti Q50 / Q60 3.0tt (VR30)
You'll earn OG Points with this product!
(Click to Pre-Qualify)
- Generally in stock, if not, may require a special order. To check on inventory please email us at: email@example.com.
- If in stock, ships within 1 week.
- Free Shipping to the Lower 48 States.
- Ships from AMS Performance via Ground.
Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing, or long high speed pulls on airstrips the Q60 and Q50 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your INFINITI’s maximum power output no matter the conditions.
Your 3.0L twin turbocharged engine does not use the typical air to air front mount intercooler (FMIC) you may be used to. Like many modern turbocharged vehicles the INFINITI Q60+Q50 3.0L use coolant to cool the intake air charge through an air to water heat exchanger. While this method may be sufficient for a stock vehicle under ideal conditions, it can quickly become heat soaked robbing horsepower.
Through testing, we found the factory INFINITI heat exchanger restricts coolant flow. This restriction slows the flow of coolant though the air to water intercooler minimizing the cooling of your intake air.
The flow of the factory heat exchanger holds back the full potential of your VR30 engine. Not something you want as a performance enthusiast.
Red Alpha Doubles The Thickness For Maximum Cooling
By doubling the thickness of the OEM core and increasing the frontal surface area by 151% you gain an extraordinary amount of added cooling. The Alpha heat exchanger core and end tanks hold an astounding 402% more coolant than the stock heat exchanger. You gain increased thermal capacity over the entire intercooler system by accommodating the added coolant. The Alpha Engineering Team designed the core with 22 fins per inch. The fin density allows more airflow, and thus more heat transfer through the thicker core. The Alpha Heat Exchanger is designed with OEM-like fitment which does not block or require relocation of the oil cooler.
Motorsport Quality Upgrade For Your Boosted Q
For the core of the Alpha Heat Exchanger we chose a motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK. This high efficiency, single pass core is much larger and disapates heat quickly for maximum cooling. Through our larger design, added fluid capacity, and drastically increased flow, your 3.0L VR30 twin turbocharged engine benefits from reduced intake air temperatures (IAT) boosting your power output.
Unparalleled Fitment Through Proper Engineering
Our Engineering Team set out to make this heat exchanger upgrade not only the most effective on the market but super simple to install. It fits just like stock without any cutting or drilling. By using the factory lines, clamps and mounting points you or your trusted mechanic can install it quickly and easily. The core simply slides in locking into the factory mounts and gets connected to your existing factory lines. Our competition’s substandard heat exchangers have close to factory sized frontal surface area and are so thick and heavy that by the time the air hits the back of the core it is incredibly inefficient. This inefficiency and added weight of the core make our competition’s parts obsolete. Your installation time is 2-3 hours with our comprehensive installation instructions. You don’t get a cleaner, more simple installation than that!
Choose the Heat Exchanger INFINITI Motorsports chooses, buy your INFINITI Q60+Q50 Red Alpha Front Heat Exchanger today!
- Double the thickness of the factory intercooler (22mm vs 11mm)
- CAD designed CNC billet aluminum end tanks
- Core and tanks designed in CFD heat transfer software to allow for the greatest heat dissipation
- Motorsport quality heat exchanger core made in the UK
- Drastically increased flow
- 402% added fluid capacity further reduces intake temperatures
- Alpha logo lets your competition know you mean business!
- Direct bolt-on installation, requires no cutting or drilling
- Can be used on stock or modified vehicles
- Comprehensive installation instructions – CLICK HERE
- 2017+ INFINITI Q60 VR30 Twin Turbo
- 2016+ INFINITI Q50 VR30 Twin Turbo
- INFINITI Q60 Red Alpha Heat Exchanger Install Instructions can be downloaded HERE.
- Shipping weight 10 lbs – 36″ x 20″ x 9″